Thursday, April 7, 2011

Green Beans


Last night we had green beans for dinner and Emma wasn't too fond of them. She was the last one left at the table. We all left the kitchen and were doing other things while she was finishing. She came and told me that she had finished so I headed to the kitchen to start clean-up. When I walked in I noticed green beans all over the floor under the kitchen table and under her chair. Emma was standing there watching me and I said "Did you drop your green beans on the floor so that I would think you ate them?" She brought both hands up and covered her face and said "Are you going to punish me?" I couldn't help but laugh at her. Dusty told her that she needs to wait until we have a dog to do that so that she can cover up the evidence. It was so funny and all we could do was laugh. She was thrilled that her punishment was only to sweep them all up.

4 comments:

Her Royal Highness said...

funny. have you ever read the book, "The Monster Who Ate My Peas"? It's fitting in this circumstance. I love that book.
and I'm glad she owned up to it and told you the truth. I have to look for "lie dots" in my younger kids' eyes. Luckily for me they hide their eyes when they're lying so that I can't see the "dots".

The Haley Family said...

ha ha! Seriously, that is funny! Though...I don't think a dog would eat them!

All About Me said...

Thats Funny!!!!!

dustin said...

The best part is those were my green beans, HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

"It's a pretty lazy man that can't get his kids to change the channel for him..."

-Gayle Burke

I learned from the best!!

Just kidding, I think I ended up getting Panda Express or Chick-Fil-A instead of the green bean crap....

We all love your food Sherrie, Relax.

Dustin John Burke
1992 Kearns International All-Star
First Basemen.