When I was growing up, specifically in high school, Wednesdays were always my busy day. They were hectic and I was always running from here to there. Wednesday was our long day at school. We had a weird schedule and Wednesday's just happened to be the long day. From school I went straight to symphony practice at another high school which lasted until 5:30 or 6. By the time I got home from symphony practice it was usually dark. I would hurry and chow down some dinner and then head to the church for mutual. By the time mutual ended at 8:30 and I got home it was 9 and I still had homework to do, which sometimes kept me up until 10 or 11. I did not like Wednesdays!
So now that I have my own children we are falling into the same pattern. It seems like on Wednesdays, the busy day, that the kids have extra homework or they have a hard time paying attention to finish their homework and chores. For example, tonight we have an activity days recognition night that we have to do a display for as well as bring dessert for. Oh, and we have to wear Sunday dress (not a big deal, but it just means one more thing for me to get the kids to do - change into a skirt or dress). Jacob has cub-scouts which means I also have to get him to change, but not too soon before scouts because he will get dinner all over his uniform. Dusty is also teaching an architecture lesson to the Webelos tonight. So we are busy!!
And I have struggled to get them to finish their work and focus. Alexis is mad at me because she won't have any free time before we go to the church. But that really isn't my fault since she is the one who decided not to do her reading yesterday and has to do extra today. And I am feeling grumpy and am nipping at my kids. I have got to turn this around before I head to the church!
I don't want to dread Wednesdays but how can I make them go smoother? The only thing I can think of is to pray. Or I guess I could just quit going to all of the activities (just kidding).
4 comments:
lol. I remember those Wednesdays well! Maybe Wed is just doomed to be a busy day? I find when I get overwhelmed with business, it helps to write it all down. Good luck. Finding balance seems to be a tricky thing. I haven't figured it out, anyway.
I meant busy-ness not business.:)
Our busy day is Tuesday. It helps having dinner ready (or cereal). Praying will probably help. :)
Just remember, busy-ness is a tool of Satan, not the Lord. Just keep that in mind. If you can't symplify by cutting things out, then keep your head even so that Satan can't getcha.
crock pot dinner or cereal for dinner! :) Crazy schedules are so hard and it is super hard to not get nippy! I'm there now...and it isn't fun! Good luck!
Post a Comment