"The only advantage in not being too good a housekeeper is that your guests are so pleased to feel how very much better they are."
Eleanor Roosevelt, "My Day" Syndicated Column (June 7, 1939)
I ran across this quote in one of my favorite magazines, REAL SIMPLE, and thought it was perfect for me. Those who know me well are aware of what a clean freak I am. I cannot relax until things are clean and put away. It just stresses me out to see it messy. But I also have those days, like every mom does, where I just can't pull it together and when it sounds so much better to go and get a pedicure rather than clean those toilets and fold the laundry. So, I have no guilt when I take a break and do those things for ME. After all, my neighbors will feel better about themselves after seeing all the dishes in my sink :)
By y'all
3 comments:
HEAR HEAR!!!!
I love watching "Hoarders" because I feel SO much better about myself. :D
Eleanor Roosevelt??
Have I taught you nothing? Her husband was a progressive. We can't quote those people!!
I hope your pedicure was worth it!!
love,
Raul
ha ha !!!
I'm becoming a clean freak, but only because I have to. I need a pedicure now!
Post a Comment