Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Durham Bulls Game

Last Friday we went to the Durham Bulls Game. They are a AAA baseball team. We were down close to the field by 3rd base. I liked seeing the pitcher practice. Man, they throw those balls fast!! The game was exciting to watch. At the top of the 9th we were winning. The other team hit a home run, which the entire crowd and our coach thought was a fowl ball, and they ended up beating us by 2 points. Even so, it was still a fun night.


The kids took in the whole experience and loved it. And what would a baseball game be without yummy stadium food? Lex got to have her Tiger's Blood Snow Cone. Emma opted for popcorn, but stole my nachos. And Jacob had popcorn. We ate a ton of junk food and had a great night.


When they hit a home run this bull's eyes light up red and his tail moves and he lets smoke out of his nostrils.


They did fireworks after the game which were fun to see. We haven't seen fireworks like that in years.

5 comments:

Ky said...

I'm glad you are all having fun! I laughed when I saw Lex's snow cone ha ha! i miss you guys and hope things are going good!!!

Kristin Burke Sevinc said...

probaly there was a lot of bull with Sherry and Dusty at the game. Glad you had fun

Kristin Burke Sevinc said...

that wasn't Kristin who said previous comment it was grandpa Burke

The Haley Family said...

I love that last picture of Emma in the collage. What a great time!

Hadzters said...

Looks like a ton of fun- you make me want to move looking at your pictures- Sam says to tell Alexis hi!!!