So, I would like to try something different on our blog. Each Wednesday I am going to post a favorite quote or talk of mine for all of you. Hopefully you will enjoy what I post and feel my inspiration.
So here are today's Wednesday Words:
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." (Abraham Lincoln)
The reason I posted this quote is because as I was watching television last night I heard mention that our current President does not like the words in the Declaration of Independence that read
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
I don't know why this stuck with me, and I am not a huge political junkie but I remember memorizing this passage in school and it is important. I find it very sad that we have a President of our country who wants to go against these words that were so carefully written by our forefathers. We ARE here because of our Creator and no one, including the President of the United States, can change that or take it away from us. We owe everything to our Creator.
With that said, I hope everyone has a lovely tax day. My bank account is smaller today. Gotta love those taxes. We had to pay state taxes again this year. I don't understand how seeing as last year we changed our deductions to avoid this. Oh well, I was told it is because we have such high taxes in Nebraska. I don't know if that is true or not, just what I heard.
Bye
2 comments:
GREAT quote!!! I'm going to have to get that one framed.
Oh, I love that!!! It makes me sad too that our President doesn't believe in the principles that our country was founded on!
On another note...we've never had to pay state taxes and get a nice refund every year. I wonder what the differenc is.
Post a Comment