Last Wednesday was our activity days focused on the girls being Princesses and Daughters of God. We had the Young Women President come and speak to the girls about the Young Women Program and about what they would get to do when they entered the program. The girls all like hearing about girls camp. She was a big hit because she brought them chocolate bars wrapped in cute paper that had the YW value's on them. Each girl carefully took the paper off so that they could save it and then ate their chocolate.
Next, I bought dress up crowns at Target (gotta love the dollar section). The girls decorated them with cur
ling ribbon and hot glued flowers onto them. They turned out really cute. I took them all into the bathroom in front of the mirror to see how they looked in their crowns. I explained to them that each girl had decorated their crown differently, but that each crown was beautiful in its own way. I likened that to each of them and told them that they are each unique and beautiful and different from each other. I took the picture on the left of Lou in her crown when we got home. Cute stuff!!
We then watched the Liken video Esther and the King. The movie taught the girls about inner beauty and told the story of Esther and how she portrayed her inner beauty. The activity was a success. Thanks to Sister Webb for helping me with everything. She is there every week offering support and help with the girls.
2 comments:
You are such a great AD leader! Your ideas are so good and I am sure the girls just eat it up! Good job!
that lexi is the cutest of the group
Post a Comment