After that, we went to bed. I fell asleep while Dusty played Jacob's Nintendo DS. At some point in the night we got a phone call that we might need to go rescue some stranded travelers who were staying at the local AmericInn but had been kicked out to their car in the freezing cold, with 3 children, because the fire alarm had gone off in the hotel and everyone had been evacuated. Dusty didn't end up having to go. I woke up around 3 AM to lights on in the house, turned them off and back to bed I went.
When we woke up Sunday morning it was crazy. There was soooooo much snow. I took lots of pictures because the snow drifts we get here are insane (they don't get this kind of snow in Utah). Everything was frozen including our screen doors, which were also pushed shut due to the massive amount of snow
that had blown against them. We finally made it outdoors and started helping our neighbors clear driveways. (In the picture on the left you can see our neighbors truck. The hood of his truck has a snow drift on it that reached the top of the cab.) When Dusty came home Saturday night he couldn't get the van up the driveway, so it had to sit at the bottom. Luckily it was IN the driveway. We had to dig it out and then kept shoveling away.
If you look closely you can see our car below. I took this while standing at our front door when Dusty got home and it was stuck at the bottom of the driveway. Can you see it?
We have a DVR, so we had recorded conference. We went inside, made hot chocolate and settled in watching conference.
Yesterday I took the kids sledding and they had a blast. I personally don't like the cold and snow but they really wanted to go and I didn't want to regret not taking them. So I took our 3 bundled up munchkins out and we got cold, muddy, and cold some more.
Now today, 1 day later, the snow is melting rapidly and I didn't even wear a jacket when I went to pick the kids up from school. I tell you, this is CRAZY weather!!
Even the little birds were confused by the snow. In this picture they have found a small amount of water in front of Dusty's truck.
Well, all this being cooped up inside has had me going crazy. Hopefully, the sun will continue to shine and we can get outside in the fresh air.
2 comments:
I hate these Spring storms! That is fun you took them sledding, I haven't done that yet. They built a snow fort instead. It is about 70 today!
Time to play outside!!!
GOING CRAZY WILL BE A SHORT TRIP FOR YOU AND YOU WON'T USE MUCH GAS. tHE SNOW LOOKED FUN i'M GLAD IT'S IN NEBRASKA BYE
Post a Comment