North Carolina

Most of you already know this, but for those of you who don't know- we are moving to North Carolina. Dusty has accepted a new job with The Pantry, Inc. He will be a Senior Store Planner there, which is like moving up 2 positions with Cabela's. We are extremely excited to start this adventure. Dusty will be leaving Nebraska on June 14th. I will be here through the end of the month and will then be going to Utah for the entire month of July to visit family. We plan to officially move in to our new place (we don't know where that will be yet) on August 1st.
So there are many plans being made, me stressing (because that is what I do), and lots of decisions/conversations to be had.
But I do have a question for all of you. We are going to rent at first because I want to get a feel for the area and figure out where we want to buy. I don't want to jump in to buying something and end up in a crappy neighborhood. So here is my question. Rent a house or rent a apartment. Dusty likes the apartment idea. I like the house idea. So thoughts are welcomed because I can't figure out which would be best. I personally want it to feel as normal and as comfortable as possible for the kids; which is why I said house. But Dusty thought the apartment would be better so that we wouldn't have to stress about a yard and such (oh, and it would have a pool). I guess maybe this is a personal decision for he and I, but I would still like some comments so that I can decide. Thoughts anyone??
I guess I will have to change my blog address now.
5 comments:
What about a townhome? A little more space, but all the fun of apartment living.
Your move sounds exciting! I've always wanted to go there.
Sherrie has made it sound like I would prefer an apartment over a house. I really don't care either way. I am giving her suggestions for options. An apartment to me sounds like it would be less work for her. This would give her more time to explore Raleigh and North Carolina and spend less time taking care of a yard and a larger home.
This was all I was thinking. I frankly don't care what she chooses, she will be spending most of her time there.
If you want to rent a house, Sher-Bear, than do it!!!!!
Love,
Raul
I heard you are moving. Sad for us but happy for you. Somehow Sams friends seem to all leave!!! When will it be us :) J/K Congrats, I'm happy for you guys- so sorry we are going to miss the bday party- I'm not even going to tell Sam about it because she will be sad. Hope to get to see you guys before you leave town-
Hey lady!! We are also so excited for you and for this new adventure!! What a great opportunity for Dusty!! I am just being selfish and wishing you weren't leaving! I see facebook in your future! :)
As far as renting...maybe you can find a fabulous house to rent that you will want to stay in...and it would be cheaper than buying and less hassle. Not like the 'rentals' here..except for mine of course! :) A pool at an apartment/townhouse would be fabulous though!
There are definitely perks to both. A pool would be awesome, but a home would give you more opportunity to meet people that know the are more and give you a better idea if you would want to stay there. Apartment folk are always changing - but Dusty's right - less work. We are so excited you will be a little closer to us!!!
Post a Comment