This year Alexis did both ballet and tap. This was her first year dancing tap and she was able to pick up quickly along with the other girls who already had one year under their belts. The theme of the recital was "A Salute to The Beatles". Her ballet dance was titled "Blackbird". The costume was a beautiful black ensemble with gold accents. She wore black tights and ballet shoes and had a black and gold hair accessory.
"Eight Days a Week" was the title of her tap performance. This costume was my personal favorite. It was a cute black and white polka dot leotard with black pants accented with polka dot fabric near the outside of the ankles. Her outfit had pink as an accent and they had black feathers in their hair buns. The girls were told to start the dance with attitude and Dusty and I just chuckled to see our 8 year old strutting her stuff as she tapped her little heart out. And she did it all ONE HANDED.
Below is Alexis in her tap costume. Can you see the attitude she has going on with her leg to the side? Oh, and her arm brace? She wasn't too thrilled that the arm brace covered up her costumes. To0 big I tell you. Way too big!!
This was Emma's first year in ballet. She cried every week that I took her. Miss Margaret, the girls' teacher, told me that as soon as the door was shut and Emma couldn't see or hear me she was fine. It was just an act. Imagine that!! So I was thoroughly excited when we arrived at ballet class a couple weeks before the recital to find that her costume had come in and she was happy when I left her there. Her costume was a lavender leotard with a white tutu. The costume also consisted of a little teddy bear that was dressed up in the same cute ballet outfit. She got to try on the costume and practice with her bear. It made the whole year of crying worth it. The first year of ballet for little ones like Emma is rough. Our teacher is very structured and the girls have to adjust. I am proud to say that Emma did not get on the stage and cry. She did the dance very well and looked like a beautiful princess. I am confident that next year she won't cry when I take her because now she knows that she gets a costume out of it. And we all know how she loves to dress up!!
My girls gave me a GREAT Mother's Day gift this year!!!
2 comments:
How fun! Lyndsi's dance recital isn't til next month. I love watching them develop there talents and do something that they love. Your girls look beautiful! (Like I expect anything else when you're their mom. :) )
the girls look adorable in their costumes, and make up too! :) Good job Lex for doing it all with one arm!!
Post a Comment