Emma had another knee surgery on July 22nd. This time they were removing the hardware they had previously put in. Miraculously, last time we went in for x-rays we discovered that her legs had corrected. We were very surprised and had expected to have the plates in her legs for years. The plates combined with the rapid growth of a 5-year-old did the trick! This time Emma did great. The surgery was less extensive and only took about an hour. In fact, I couldn't even get her to rest when we got home. She wanted to get up and walk around. I kept trying to explain that she still had some of the anesthesia in her and that she could fall, but she still kept trying to get up. She rested for one day and then she was up and going.
These are the plates and screws that were in her knees
I had a few videos that I couldn't get to upload of Emma after they had given her the "silly" medicine. She was so silly and funny! But I can't get them to upload, so you will have to use your imagination.
Just after surgery
Emma's wounds
And now she is running around, sitting cross-legged, climbing and doing everything an active kid does. We are truly blessed by our Heavenly Father and know that it was only through Him that she was healed so quickly.
1 comment:
Hurray for Heavenly blessings! I'm glad Emma is doing so well!
Post a Comment