Enjoy.
The weather here is quite chilly! It started snowing Friday night and when we woke up Saturday morning the entire neighborhood was covered in...WHITE. Our kids had spent the night at the Gardner's house, so Dusty and I got ready and headed up to their house. The Gardner's and their neighbors all live on a circle with hills for driveways. So you can imagine the fun that we had sledding down the drives. We were able to go all the way down the circle to the intersecting road. And of course, no one was driving so it was perfect. After we were frozen solid and could no longer feel our toes or fingers we went inside and had soup and played board games. We had a great time hanging out with our friends.
Today, church was cancelled. So we stayed at home by the fireplace and stayed warm.
Tomorrow, school is cancelled. Now I think they are going overboard here, but that is just me being cooped up in the house for 3 days with everyone. So what do I know? I know that if this were Nebraska we would have bucked up and gone to church and to school. But alas, it is not Nebraska. I guess they don't get much snow here so I will let them make a big deal of it. And hey, I got to stay in my p.j.'s all day today. Love that.
Dusty left this afternoon to go on a business trip all week. He's driving to South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, and one other state (I forgot which one). I hope I survive.
2 comments:
cancelled church cancelled school didn't cancel work though. what did you go sledding on? surely not a lot of sleds in NC all 5 kids looked cute in their snow suits get rid of that stuff by March
Wouldn't you know it but they've been cancelling school and church here for the tiniest bit of snow/wind. personally, I would've bucked up and gone, but whatever.
You guys looked like you were having so much fun! I see these pictures and miss you even more.
I'm glad you're doing so well!
Post a Comment