Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Jacob!!!


Jacob is 8 years old today. He was born on the night of the closing ceremonies of the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, UT. Because of the Olympics there was super tight security at the hospital and everyone had to show i.d. to get in. We got a special Olympic blanket that has the Olympic logo on it. I have saved it for him to have as a keepsake when he is older. I gave birth to him naturally with no medicine. It was hard, but it was something that I wanted to do. We named him Jacob Paul. 'Paul' is after my grandfather, whose middle name was also Paul. The name 'Jacob' is from the Book of Mormon. We had the hardest time picking out a boy name. Finally, I pulled out the Book of Mormon and started listing every boy name. We finally decided on 'Jacob' as his first name. I remember when we found out we were having a boy. Dusty and I had made a bet. I said girl and Dust said boy and we bet that the person who was wrong had to make brownies for the other one. So, I made brownies that night to celebrate our little boy soon to be born.
Jacob is a lot like his dad. He is usually quiet, but when he does speak he is funny, funny. He defenitely has his Dad's sense of humor (thank goodness). He wants to do good and be good and tries really hard to be a good brother. He was my cuddler when he was little and has since grown out of it. I guess I could try but he would probably look at me like an alien for doing it now. I cherish those times when I held him and cuddled him. I want so much for him and want to make his life good. I pray that Dusty and I can raise him to be a righteous man.
Enough sappy stuff.
He had a party on Saturday and we went to the planetarium and saw a neat show. Today I took donughts to his class and tonight we are going to Chuck-E-Cheeses...yay!! This year we bought him a new bike for his birthday. We were sick of his cheap Wal-Mart bike breaking all the time so we got him a really nice one in his favorite color, orange.
Next week he will be baptised. Both sets of grandparents are flying out for it and Dusty's sister is driving down from D.C. We feel very grateful that our families are coming all this way to support Jacob.

So here are a couple pics of Jacob. He is my boy. I love you Jacob.
Love,
Mom

6 comments:

Kristin Burke Sevinc said...

Wow Happy Birthday Jake! The big 8!!! Next thing you know you will be driving...

The Haley Family said...

Happy birthday Mr. Jacob!!! I can't believe you are 8! Drew was SO EXCITED to be baptized and I am positive you are too! We wish we could be there on your special day!

gayle said...

Happy b-day Jac. It will be great to see you and your sisters next week. love ya Grandpa Burke

Her Royal Highness said...

Wow! Happy birthday Big Guy! 8 is a wonderful age to be! And Chuck E Cheese's? LUCKY!!!!

Sherrie, You and Dusty are doing a wwonderful job with your kids! Keep up the good work!
Miss you!

Kristi said...

The last 8 years seems to have gone by so fast! He is a great kid. I wish so bad we could be there for him. Wish him a happy birthday from us and a huge congratulations on the baptism!

Ky said...

Sherrie you're such agreat mom. this was fun to read. I can't believe he's that old. He's so adorable. Happy birthday Jake!!!