Thursday, October 6, 2011

July Baby!!

July 2011 for our family was a fun one. We always love the 4th of July, so we decided to invite a few people from our ward over. There are so many people that we don't know who had moved in after we moved away to NC that we wanted to get to know people. We had a BBQ and then did fireworks. We didn't get very many good pictures but below are a few that did turn out.




I also celebrated my 31st birthday this year. Dusty and the kids were very sweet and walked all the way to the bank downtown to withdraw money from the ATM and then walked all the way to the grocery store to buy a cake mix and frosting. Then they walked home. Even though we live in a small town it was a real sacrifice for Dusty as he was not feeling well at all. When I got home there was a cake and a card sitting on the table. They also stopped on their way home and got me a gift certificate to the book store here in town. They were all very cute about making me feel special.



3 comments:

The Haley Family said...

we are still sad we missed your party!! I know how much your family's birthday gesture made you happy! hugs!

Her Royal Highness said...

Happy happy birthday! Your family knows how to make you feel special - that's wonderful! I hope you were able to make some new friends at your 4h of July party. I still remember celebrating with you guys and Dusty having a blast with the fireworks & Jake learning how to ride his bike. Good times!

steph said...

I'm impressed dust could make a cake look that good!!! or did lex do it? Are you guys going to make it to SLC for Thanksgiving or Christmas?