What has our life been like since we left North Carolina?
BUSY!!!
I left NC on May 15th and started my new job on May 16th. I am the Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer of Cabela's. This is where both Dusty and I worked before Dusty took his job with The Pantry in North Carolina. I am working with many of the same people I did before in HR and everyone has been very welcoming to me.
Dusty and the kids stayed in NC until May 26 when I flew out to make the drive back to NE with them. We drove a lot!! But it was nice to be with the family after being apart for so long. Our kids are really good travelers so we had no issues. We stopped and toured church sites in Nauvoo, IL and Winter Quarters, Nebraska. Winter Quarters was very spiritual for me and I was so overcome by how much the Saints endured.
We arrived in Sidney on Memorial Day and then spent that entire week living in the hotel until our 'stuff' arrived.
The next week Dusty left for Utah to visit family and attend his brother's family sealing in the Salt Lake Temple. He stayed to help his Dad remodel the basement bathroom and hung out at his parents with the kids. They drove home a week later only for us to get a call while he was coming home that his dad was in the hospital. His dad had the 'flu' almost the entire time they were visiting and they finally took him to the doctor that day and ended up admitting him. His dad was put in ICU. Dusty wished that he was still there to help.
But it was a good thing Dusty came home because the night he got home I woke up around 4 AM in horrible pain and had to go to the ER. We were in the ER for over 8 hours while they ran tests, an MRI, x-rays, basically everything they could think of. They finally determined that my left ovary was 5 times the normal size and my abdomen was filled with blood and fluid. They sent me home wiht pain pills and an appointment with the OB in Scottsbluff the next day.
So Dusty and I go to Scottsbluff the next day. I am all drugged up and in pain. And they tell us that the hospital in Sidney told us the wrong day and that my appointment wasn't until the next day. They were very nice though and actually pulled my doctor out of surgery to come up and see me. He was very tempted to just do a hysterectomy right then but he determined that I had an infection from the hysteroscopy I had done in NC right before I came out to NE. So he put me on an antibiotic to get rid of the fluid infection in my abdomen. He also put me on birth control pills to try and control my ovary. The lining of my uterus was so thick that they were really concerned. Anyhow, I ended out of work for 3 days and rested for 5. It has been slow-going for me but I am feeling better. Dusty has been a trooper taking care of EVERYTHING.
I went to the doctor yesterday for a follow-up and will go back in another month for him to check me. He is not ready to do a hysterectomy yet, so we wait and hope that the pills will help.
We have had amazingly strong hail storms here. They have produced a ton of damage on roofs, cars, trees, etc. Luckily, we have not been affected. But it really has been crazy weather. We can usually count on a thunderstorm every night.
Dusty is still looking for a job. He hasn't found the right one yet but we are hopeful and remain faithful that he will find the right one.
The kids are loving their new found freedom of living in a small town and having the park right across the street from our house. Currently they are doing a city road project on the road we live on and have blocked off the usually busy road in front of our house. It is blocked off right at our driveway. Dusty and I have loved sitting on the porch and watching the kids ride their bikes and scooters out into the road and back down the driveway. They love this freedom! It is like living on a dead-end road. They say the road will be closed for about 40 days and I am loving it
We decided to throw a July 4th BBQ. We invited a bunch of people from church that we don't know. Though we lived here before and still know many there is about half of the ward that we don't know. They went through a re-org while we were gone as well as there have been a lot of new families move in. So we decided to invite em all over to get to know them. Alexis is very excited about it and is helping plan everything from music to decorations.
Emma's glasses broke last week. They brok right in half. So she is wearing her old pair. All 3 kids go to the eye doctor this week, so she won't have to be in the old ones long.
Our bunk beds were broke my the movers as well as many other items. Right now Alexis is sleeping on a camping cot in the girl's room until they send us a check to buy new ones.
Dusty has a "man cave" in the basement and is in heaven!! He set it up with surround sound and everything. I finally hung some pictures on the wall today.
Dusty and I have been sucked in to the series LOST. We don't have DirecTv or Dish Network. We only have a subscription to Netflix. So we pick a series and watch the entire show, all seasons. Our current obsession is LOST. I never wanted to watch it before when it was on the networks but I can't get enough of it now.
My birthday is this coming week. I'm not really excited. As I get older each birthday feels less and less significant and more like any other day, which is o.k. with me. You know what I mean?
They gave us a calling in the nursery here. Nursery again?? Apparently it is hard to keep people in the nursery and when they heard us mention that we served in the nursery in NC and actually liked it they jumped at the chance (at least this is my theory). We are in there about every other week on a rotating schedule.
We have been fixing the kid's bikes a lot lately. They have been riding EVERYWHERE and their bikes have decided to take a stand (no pun intended).
Right now, the entire family is sitting in the living room watching Labrynth, a movie that they all LOVE!!
It's nice to see my family hanging out!
Bye for now.
Oh yeah, before we left NC we had new family pictures taken. I'll post more of them soon.
3 comments:
It was so nice seeing you when I visited in May. You look amazing! I'm sorry that your health is being screwy with you again, but at least your family is there with you and you have friends to help you during this time! I hope that your issues can be resolved quickly.
Have a wonderful 4th of July party! I'm proud of you for getting out there and getting to know the "new" people!!!
Love you & miss you!!!
I am SO happy you are back in Sidney!!! You're amazing and so strong and faithful! can't wait to start walking when I get back so we can visit every day!!
I hope you are having fun!!
Post a Comment