I am so sick of the school system here. I literally hate it!!
When I was in school if we forgot work or had to go back to the school, we could. We would walk through those front doors and into the classroom where our teacher was working at her desk. We would then get our book or whatever we forgot and head back home.
Alexis missed school the first 3 days of this week due to having a fever. Today was her first day back and she forgot to bring home her math book. So, we headed back to the school and walked into the office only to be greeted by a "friendly" office lady who informed us that it is school policy to not let the children back into their classrooms for forgotten items after 3 PM. That is when school gets out. I asked why and she said that they are trying to teach the children to be responsible.
WHAT??????? Well, isn't it responsible of a child to go to their mother and say "Mom, I forgot my math book can you take me back to the school to get my math book". I say it is. Furthermore, maybe the reason she forgot her math book is because she is required to haul all of her books (yes ALL) in her backpack all day long. This backpack weighs a ton. She is going to have back problems from this later in life, I just know it. That said, if she is required to haul everything around, then where is the math book? She has a desk, but she does rotation with 2 other classes and the kids were going through her desk. Arrghh!!!!
The secretary said that they are trying to prepare the kids for middle school next year and teach them responsibility. Well here is what I have to say to that.....
Are you ready?
Maybe, just maybe, we are forcing our children to grow up way too quickly. We should let our children be children. 6th grade is too young for middle school. No wonder my child is so anxious about school. They are pushing way to hard.
I am done. Next year we will be home schooling. I can teach my kids way better than a school that is so liberal it is sickening. I am serious on this.
My kids are special. They are smart. And dammit they deserve better.
4 comments:
Wowzers! Sidney was that way - sort of. Here, it is WAY more laid back. I'm still trying to get used to it.
I'm sorry that you're going through that & I completely agree with you on where you stand! Completely!!!
Preparing them for middle school... Tell them to get some lockers then. That's ridiculous.
tell us how you really feel
Thankfully it is not that way here but I do remember having a few problems with "students learning responsibility" in Chadron. Poor Ashley (my oldest) had to stay after school (for detention) several times for not remembering to bring items to the class.
PS: Love your blog!
Post a Comment