Saturday, May 1, 2010

Riding Bikes

We finally purchased the last of our gear needed to go riding bikes as a family; bikes for Dusty and I, a bike trailer for Emma (there is no way she will get on a bike right now with her knees), a rack for the van, helmets, etc. So we went riding on the American Tobacco Trail this morning. We rode about 4 miles - pretty good for Dusty and I seeing as neither of us have been on a bike for about 10 years. The kids kicked our butts...don't know where they get all that energy! Then we finished off our outing with snow cones from Pelican's...yum, yum.

We saw a water moccasin snake

The beautiful view from the bridge

Me and the kids

Dusty, Jake, & Lex

Emma in her sweet ride

2 kids with way more energy than their parents!!

4 comments:

Her Royal Highness said...

Wow how fun!!!! That picture of the landscape looks amazing!

The Wimpy Mother said...

I can't believe you took a picture of a SNAKE! I would have been half way home before you could have even gotten your camera out! That creeeeeeeps me out and makes me happy that we are leaving!!! I HATE SNAKES!!!!!
Oh yeah, but all that other stuff looked fun.

gayle said...

Ankle must be ok or did Emma pull you in the trailer. Great job and that is a poisonous snake

The Haley Family said...

I NEED a bike!!! How great to have that scenery nearby!! What a great day!