Saturday, September 26, 2009

I wish, I wish.....

For a new camera. Mine broke on our beach trip. Luckily it lasted until we were done with our last tourist attraction, picture-taking opportunity. I have to say that I hated the camera that I had and am excited at the prospect of getting a new one. But knowing that the last two cameras had were mediocre, this time I am going to get a good one. So, I am welcoming suggestions. I want to be able to take good, quality pictures. I don't want to have to spend a year messing with the settings to figure out how to take a picture at night (I tried taking a picture of the temple at night with the lights all lit and none of the setting on the old camera would produce a good picture. I finally quit trying after Dusty had waited for me in the car for 15 minutes). I am willing to pay a little more for one than previously. I also think I might sign up for a photography class to learn a little bit more about how to take good pics (but I think I need a camera first). But all of this costs $$. So I will patiently save my pennies until I can get one. Maybe for Christmas. So, I will continue to post and I will take pictures with my cell phone. But just know that they won't be the best.

Send me your thoughts on different cameras. Likes? Dislikes? Favorites? Where to buy?

3 comments:

Ky said...

Um Cannon Rebels are the best in my opinion. If you take a photography class especially, they're the best. Get the SLR one. Any Q's about settings, just let me know! Ha only prob-they are a chunk of change. but it's a GREAT camera, especially if you really get into photography settings, etc. Loves!

The Haley Family said...

I've heard Cannon's are fantastic! I need a new one too, BAD!!! Good luck!

Her Royal Highness said...

I love my canon! I'm with Ky - if you can get an SLR, do it!!! Your pictures will be AMAZING!!! And professional photographer for family pics? Out the door with that baby! You'll be able to take your own!
Nikon is also a very good brand - just so you know!
I'm hoping for a Rebel for my birthday (yay for birthdays around tax season!!!)