I think back to when Emma was born. Her tiny 2 pound, 3 ounce body was a miracle to me. Laying in an isolette in the NICU at LDS Hospital she was a fighter. She never had to be put on a ventilator for her lungs. She gained weight steadily and after 2 long months we were able to bring her home. What a wonderful feeling to finally be able to bring your baby home. During those 2 months Dusty and I went to the hospital every day to see her. I pumped milk at home, going through the motions of having a newborn at home, but without the actual baby. So we were ecstatic to bring our little girl home.
Emma is such a blessing to our family. She is a spit-fire (don't know where she got that from). She loves to dance and shake her hips. She loves singing. She loves helping me around the house. Whether I am doing the dishes, the laundry, vacuuming, etc. she wants to help and it is so cute to watch her feel important while she does. She is very shy around anyone new and definitely has a small comfort zone. She is our cutie with long hair and glasses. We love her and are so blessed to have her in our family.

So, here are a few pics from her birthday this year. Since we just moved and haven't met many people yet we did a family party. But her friend next door did surprise us with a Happy Birthday sign on our front door. And she brought over a present for Emma later that night. We had pizza for dinner. Then we had cake and opened presents. Dusty brought home balloons for Emma, which she loved. We had a great time celebrating as a family this year.
Emma with all her presents and cake.
With her new princess clock.
Wearing her new pajamas and holding her new barbie.
Fast asleep in our bed after a long day of birthday fun.
Happy Birthday Emma. We love you.
5 comments:
Oh cute!! Happy Birthday Emma! She looks a lot like Lex in that picture in her pajamas... I can't believe she is already 5....WOW!
Yeah, crazy that she is 5. I remember when you flew all the way from New York just to help us out with Lex and Jake. Thank you so much for doing that and being a great sister.
Happy birthday miss Emma! We miss you around here in Nebraska! You are so cute and I love your long hair and purple glasses!
Wow! She looks so much more grown up. The five years have gone so fast. I still remember when she was born, too.
Happy Birthday, Emma! We can't wait to see you!!!
Happy Birthday to Emma! We all miss you guys so much!
It was great talking with you last night, Sherrie!!! I need to do that more often! :D
Post a Comment