
So, this weekend we went on an overnight vacation to meet Dusty's parents for the Utah game in Laramie, Wyoming. We left work yesterday at 5 p.m., packed up the kids and our stuff and headed out. We got to "beautiful" Laramie around 8 p.m.
The kids immediately went to town jumping on the beds in grandma and grandpa's room and had a great time goofing around. Dusty ran to get Winger's chicken and he brought me back some Asphalt Pie...delicious!!
We went to bed and Emma decided to be a little stinker. Jacob ended up making a bed on the floor, while Dusty and Lex slept on one bed and I got to sleep with Miss Emma. We woke to the kids at 6 a.m. and I was able to hold them off till about 7 before I had to get out of bed.
We had breakfast at some place other than Perkins...wonderful! Then we headed out to do a little shopping. Grandpa Burke apparently doesn't like shopping but he was a good sport about it. Thanks for understanding that we don't have many stores where we live.
Next, it was game time. Last year, I swore that we would not take the kids with us to a Wyoming game again because the fans there are CRAZY! No joke. But this year turned out o.k. Most fans were pleasant other than one a couple rows behind us which I kindly reminded to look at the score board. By that statement I hope you can tell the outcome of the game. We won!! But then I was petrified to walk all the way from the first row of the stadium up the stairs past a ton of angry Wyoming fans. We made it out safely and got the heck out of there.
And now, at last, we are home and just relaxing to wind down our Saturday.
I hope you all had a great Saturday!!
3 comments:
Fun fun!!! I've never gone to a game where I was one of the visiting fans. I've always been too scared to do it. Glad you got out of there alive!
I think after attending games with Mike and my dad Wyomings fans are nothing!
oh mmmmmmmmmmm.... Wingers! :o)
WE WERE PRETTY TAME AS FANS GO I JUST HAD TO GET THE ATTENTION OF THE REFS A FEW TIMES. IT WAS GREAT FUN.
Post a Comment