I have finally completed my Associates Degree in Accounting. I cannot believe it as it seemed like it would take forever. I started back in the fall of 2006 and have worked extremely hard on this. Obtaining a degree is something that was very important to me and still is. I am such an advocate for education and believe that everyone can benefit from increasing their knowledge. I have benefited in so many ways from going through this experience.
First off, I learned that I had to be disciplined taking online courses. I did not have a set time or place that I had to be in class, so I had to make sure that I set aside time for my classes.
Second, my children have learned what doing homework is. They got so used to seeing me working on the computer that even now they will say "Are you doing homework tonight?". I have to keep reminding them that I am done with school (for now). I am glad that I was an example to my children and that they understand that homework must be done to excel in school.
Third, I am now better prepared to support my family if the need would ever arise. I wanted to make sure that if for some unseen reason Dusty was gone, that I would be able to support me and the children.
Fourth, obtaining my degree has allowed me to move up at work. I went to work temporarily with the purpose of using the money to pay off old debt so that we could buy a home. Since I have been able to move up at work the "drop dead" date for this goal has moved up. There are so many other benefits from obtaining my degree that I cannot list them all.
I just want to say THANK YOU to my husband for putting up with me while I have plunged through my studies. He helped me a ton in the beginning as I got used to the new environment and has been a huge support to me. I could not have done this without him.
What's next? you ask...well I am taking a much needed break doing things such as blogging and being with my kids. I am seriously considering continuing my education and obtaining my Bachelor Degree via online classes. Learning can be kind of addicting as I want to keep learning more and more. So when I make my final decision I will let you know. But for now, I am going to enjoy my favorite season of the year with my family!!
3 comments:
I'm proud of you! School is rough, but so worth it. It feels so good to accomplish a goal like that so you should be proud too!
SO DID YOU GET THE BILLS PAID OFF OR ARE YOU JUST GOING TO BUY ANOTHER CAR?
OH BY THE CONGRATS ON DOING SO GREAT. KEEP GOING SO YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF ME IN MY OLD AGE. NEXT WEEK
Post a Comment